HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The management of Siege Fire Systems Ltd recognises that it has a legal duty of care towards protecting the health and safety of its employees and others who may be affected by the company’s activities, and that managing health and safety is a business critical function.
In order to discharge its responsibilities the management will:
- bring this Policy Statement to the attention of all employees
- carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions to reducing risk
- communicate and consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations at International, National and Local levels
- eliminate risks to health and safety, where possible, through selection and design of materials, buildings, facilities, equipment and processes
- encourage staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute towards improving safety
- ensure that emergency procedures are in place at all locations for dealing with health and safety issues
- maintain our premises, provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- only engage contractors who are able to demonstrate due regard to health & safety matters
- provide adequate resources to control the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- provide adequate training and ensure that all employees are competent to do their tasks
- provide an organisational structure that defines the responsibilities for health and safety
- provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- regularly monitor performance and revise policies and procedures to pursue a programme of continuous improvement.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary to reflect changes to the business activities and any changes to legislation. Any changes to the Policy will be brought to the attention of all employees.
Signed: Dated: 25/01/2018